Industries & Applications
Sustainable Solutions Today –
Increasingly, mobile equipment manufacturers for equipment used in agriculture, turf care, construction, marine and specialized utility applications are looking for more sustainable, energy efficient solutions while maintaining the power density and durability associated with traditional technologies such as hydraulics. Converting from less energy efficient fluid power actuation to Exlar’s linear and rotary electromechanical technology can provide immediate benefits in developing, operating and maintaining your mobile equipment. And with new machine designs, Exlar actuators can provide increased design flexibility and savings in machine assembly time.
Exlar's patented roller-screw actuator technology offers many times the life of ball screw or Acme screw actuators and provides a reliable replacement for your hydraulic or pneumatic actuators. And because electromechanical actuators require no hydraulic fluids or the associated items needed to support fluid power (pumps, compressors, filters, accumulators, hose/tubing, oil testing, etc.), Exlar actuators can provide more energy efficiency, less environmental impact and lower total life-cycle cost.
Simplify Design, Operation and Maintenance
With the elimination of fluid power, Exlar actuators can provide more flexibility in machine design and in addressing operator safety and productivity. By eliminating the need for fluid power conveyance through operator compartments, you reduce the risk to the operator from leaks and noise. In addition, machine designs have less mechanical demands by not having to deal with fluid conveyance layouts and routing while Exlar actuators power density and compact size can accommodate both smaller designs and constraints in tight locations.
Exlar’s broad range of product solutions includes actuators such as our Tritex™ series with integrated control and communication interfaces, like the mobile industry standard CAN bus, which can greatly simplify your design and integration efforts. And while Exlar offers the industry’s broadest range of product configurations, Exlar can also provide custom engineered solutions for your volume actuator applications that require capabilities beyond our standard catalog options.
Example Application Areas
Exlar actuators’ durability and power density make them ideal for a broad range of applications in many mobile and harsh environment applications, while their speed and precision provide viable alternatives to hydraulic actuators. Here are just a few possible application examples:
- Commercial & Golf Course Turf Care Equipment
- Steering actuators, Reel mower lift & positioning, active seat suspension, deck lifts, etc.
- Precision Agriculture Equipment/Implements
- Combine header tilt, lift and damping, Sieve leveling, Active cab leveling
- Variable rate positioning implements (seeding, chemical, etc.)
- Marine Equipment (boats and ships)
- Trim and rudder controls
- Deck accessory actuators (wind foil lifts, control panel risers, etc.)
- Construction & Specialty Equipment
- Implement positioning, Gate feeder control, Conveyor positioning
- Electronic fan drives, Robotic side arms (refuse), Tele-handler and Aerial work platforms
- Railway Equipment
- Precision rail grinding, remote location derailers, and switches
- Car leveling
- Other harsh environment applications (mobile & non-mobile):
- Solar panel dual position tracking platforms
- Robotic autonomous vehicles for safety, defense, and exploration applications
- High speed barricade actuation for security and vehicle gating
Please use the links below to see a complete brochure and other details on Exlar's involvement in the Mobile Equipment Industry. We welcome the opportunity to discuss your upcoming projects with you and make a recommendation.